LSC January Meeting
January 9th, 2008
The general meeting was called to order by President, Bob Stall at 7:30pm
Attendees: Pat Stearns, Tom Carlson, Gary Austin, Larry Frisoli, Marc O’Meara, Bob Stall, Dale Cotnam, Mike Morey, Jenna Canfield, Burt Morse
A vote was taken and passed to accept the notes for the December meeting.
A statement of operations was issued.
- Treasurer report issued. Littleton Soccer Club ending Novemebr 2007 balance: $37,400.24
Travel Report (Austin)
- BU10 – 43 (4 teams with 10-11players) Pappas unpaid but should have credit from Fall
- BU12 – 32 (2 teams) 15 play NCUP, 17 play Rec
- BU14 – 18, 4 wait listed (1 team), check other towns like Ayer, Shirley, Harvard
- BU18/HS – 2 signed up and need reimbursement (Floss, O’Callahan)
- GU10 - 37 paid (4 teams) Fisher – Ayer won’t let her play
- GU12 – 51 paid (4 teams of 12-13 players)
- GU14 – 36, 1 not paid – Macri – contact family) (2 teams), 2 wait listed – check other towns for openings
- GU16 – only had one sign up and she needs refund (Briana J)
In Town Report
- Forecast 48 (8 teams with 6 players and 8 coaches), was 50 in Fall
- 72 with a few more still to sign up (10 teams of 7-8), was 82 in Fall
- 122 total (80 2nd grade, 44 1st grade), not closed, will cap at 140.
- 2nd grade: 8 teams of 10
- 1st grade: 6 teams of 7-8
- Gary needs number of uniforms to order by March 1st
- Need to buy 4-6 in-town nets
- Luanne needs payment for earrings
- Gerry needs to order new patches, will use current logo ($1.19 each)
- Need new uniforms for travel
- 1 team moved up
- The league starts one week later this year
- World Cup 6/14
- Nashoba Cup Tourney 6/21-6/22
- MTOC tourney 6/28-6/29.
- Need to post the upcoming board meetings on the website.
- Is it possible to set up a place for players to check off if they are coming to assessment night?
- Park and Rec increased fine from $50 to $200 if use fields if they are not open
- A field meeting is coming up for baseball, soccer and lacrosse
- Lacrosse will use high school fields, practices throughout M-F
- Sharon to cover post at Park and Rec. They’ll hire a permanent person in March.
- We have 17 teams and 20 practice slots, so we need to request for 2 nights at high school for some extra practice slots.
- Evaluations in Spring for next Fall
- Pass Card pictures to be done and made by Burt Morse
- Try to get MPS free coach clinic for 7-9pm 3/26 (2 weeks before start of season)just before coaches meeting. Consider providing gifts like hats or shirts. Can’t do 3/19 since Parent-Teacher Conf night. MPS currently on extended vacation.
- The MPS clinic will be available for all coaches but geared toward U-8 coaches.
- This meeting can be at High School so we can use the board room for the coaches meeting immediately following the clinic.
- At pre-season coaches meeting need to mention the zero tolerance policy for coaches and parents. Those who act up will come before the board.
- New soccer tourney on Memorial Day Weekend in Lancaster put on by Delta
· 5 stations -3 games and 2 skills/drills
· boys separate from girls but on same night
· 1st yr U-10, 2nd yr U-10, U-12 participate
· games will be 5v5
· 2 nights of evaluations since so many kids
· each player has a number pinned on
· each assessor will assess 10 kids at a time
· each child participates in 4 stations (3 games and 1 skills/drills)
· each station will be 15 minutes in duration
· need at least 6 assessors for 2 hours both nights
· need at least 6 parent volunteers/coaches to:
- check in kids
- organize teams
- move teams from station to station
- check out kids
- Skills to be tested: dribbling, speed and shooting accuracy
- Schedule for the week before Memorial Day (Tues 5/20 and Wed5/21) from 6-8pm and start set up at 5pm
- Can’t use Simmons College players for assessing
- Last year, needed to pay $125.00 for assessors
- 2nd yr U-8s get assessed during a couple Saturday games, need 4 assessors over 2 weekends and they watch half of 2 games. Assessors need accurate rosters with player numbers. May want to draft veteran coaches to assess and give them incentives.
- For the Fall: The position of Booster director is open, as are travel director, equipment manager and snack shack director.
- The next meeting will be on February 6th, 2008.
- The meeting was adjourned at 9:29pm.
Marc C. O’Meara, LSC Secretary