May 7th Meeting Minutes
Members present: Pat Stearns, Gary Austin, Steve Bast, Dan Fusco, David Caouette, Bob Stall, Mike Levasseur, Peter Lloyd, Cheryl Hollinger, Seth Landsman, Liz Schocklin and Dave Kiley
Pat Stearns called the meeting to order at 7:31.
The previous meeting's minutes were approved unanimously.
Park and Rec. account – $15k
Booster account $15k
- 2 rainouts which will be unable to be made up due to baseball usage of the fields upon conclusion of the soccer season.
- Coaches cancelled games on their own due to the weather after the President has stated that the games were to be played. It has now been communicated to the coaches that they aren’t allowed to make that decision.
- There will be an email sent to both coaches and parents about harassing the referees. Referees have been instructed that should this occur that they are to stop the game and speak to the coach’s and that the coaches are to ask the parents to leave.
- The board approved 1 late sign up in both the U7 and U8 age groups
- Recommended that the league have a mid season adjustment for BU10E team moving them down a flight. The team was placed at REC3 even though REC4 was requested prior to the season
- U18B is down to 13 players due to injuries and are looking for additional players.
- U14B is struggling this season in MTOC
Registration needs to be opened for the fall season
- In Town - see issue described in U8
- Travel – short A/R’s for U10 games mostly on the makeup games scheduled
- There is a $4100.00 referee bill for the 1st half of the season
- Need someone to open and close snack shack on 5/17
Steve will try to organize an F license course for in town coaches especially for those wishing to coach travel in the fall
A disclaimer will be put on the web site for registration stating a change could be forthcoming dividing the genders in U7 and U8.
Pat will draft an email to solicit input from the parents and it will contain a survey which will be sent to all age group parents asking their thoughts as well as the age and genders of their children in the soccer program. Once data is compiled this will be voted on at the AGM.
- Note needs to be sent to parents with tryout dates and times.
- A new method will be tried with girls U12’s. Players will run a series of drills to try to segregate them before promotion/relegation.
- Steve to send out flier to coaches as to country assignments. World Cup will be held 6/14
- A public notice needs to be posted on the website announcing meeting and elections
Meeting adjourned at 10:00 PM
Next Meeting June 4th